The emotions endured while struggling with infertility can be so difficult – sadness, anger, confusion, frustration, impatience, hopelessness, and the list goes on. Fertility Institute of San Diego works daily with women and couples going through these struggles. Our staff does their best to provide comfort, compassion, understanding and hope. It’s important and reassuring to know that while you are facing difficult times, you are not alone. Consider these statistics:
- 4 million women (11.9%), have received infertility services in their lifetime. (2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth, CDC)
- 1 in 8 couples (or 12% of married women) have trouble getting pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy. (2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth, CDC)
- Approximately 1/3 of infertility is attributed to the female partner, 1/3 attributed to the male partner, and 1/3 is caused by a combination of problems in both partners or is unexplained. (asrm.org)
- Between 85-90% of infertility cases are treated with drug therapy or surgical procedures. Fewer than 3% need advanced reproductive technologies like in vitro fertilization (IVF). (asrm.org)
- 85% – 90% of infertility cases are treated with the assistance of medication or other fertility assistance, according to the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
Deciding to use the assistance of a fertility center can be exciting, overwhelming, or maybe difficult to accept. The team at Fertility Institute of San Diego is dedicated to providing a supportive and personal experience for its patients. We invite you to learn more about us by visiting: http://www.fertilityinstitutesandiego.com/our-services/fertility-treatment/